Friday, February 12, 2010

Weekend Update

Yeah for the weekend! For your special treat I thought I would fill you all (all 6 of you that read this blog) in on how the Reynolds' have been progressing.

Marshall: Cheers for the big guy! He has lost almost 25 pounds in the last 2 months. The treadmill has become his new best friend, and the kids and I have his ipod workout mix dedicated to memory. So a word to Brianna's nursery leader, Don't be surprised if Brianna begins singing Shinedown's 'The Sound of Madness' after The Itsy Bitsy Spider. But we would gladly give up 30 minutes of Marshall a day to the treadmill so he can be here well into his years. Speaking of which he'll be the big 3 6 tomorrow so Happy birthday to ya honey!

Me: Not much new here. I got a new ipod nano and within minutes of it's delivery Ryan had claimed it as his "movie watching thingy." Now after 3 days of ownership I have no idea where it is. Thanks a lot Ryan!
I am trying to be a better all around person, which is something easily attained because my bar is set pretty low. I've decided our food budget has been way out of control and decided to half it this month, so far so good. I've made dinner rather than buy dinner which has gone a long way in helping me save.
I have recently become a gymboree addict, luckily I have also been listening to Dave Ramsey's radio show, so I credit the financial guru for keeping me on the wagon as far as SUPER cute children's clothes are concerned.
Oh yeah, I also had to apologize to my mother this week. She loves to use the word "ironical", after years of hounding her that it was not a real word and she could just say ironic I finally looked it up. Sorry mom your right.

Ryan: We went swimming for FHE last night, I work mondays so we pick another day of the week for our FHE. Ryan has been in swimming lessons at Blackfoot pool and last night I got to see him in action. I was really impressed (wow a mom impressed by something her kid could not do before and now can.) But really I was impressed. He was actually swimming which gave me a little relief cause now that we have three kids swimming is not an easy family activity without the intervention of a lifeguard.
My other brag for Ryan moment is last week for FhE we went to Randy's Tumbling Gym (love it.) If you refer to one of my previous posts you would probably realize this wasn't one of the safest activities I could do with my kids due to my lack of regard for their well-being. So true to my nature I asked (no told, uh no made) Ryan do a backflip into the foam pit. And to my surprise he did, without even a hesistation. He's such a cool kid.
Wednesday I was driving Ryan to gymnastics and he said "mom your not cute." I had tried really hard that day (sad I know) so I said "What!" Then he replied "you're not awesome either." So I put on my sad looking face, which prompted him to put on his mischevious grin. After a sufficient amount of time had passed with me looking forlorn he exclaimed "You're CUTE and AWESOME!"
Julie had to call me the other day because of something ryan had said. My mom was watching him and Julie was there. She told Ryan she was stealing some of grandma's pizza, so Ryan yelled "grandma Julie is stealing your pizza" to which Julie replied 'Ryan you're a snot." Ryan didn't hear her reply so Ed told Ryan what Julie had called him. Ryan calmly told Ed "that's okay Julie's uncool." Ryan really gets people.

Brianna: I learned a new lesson this week from Brianna. Apparently you don't have to try as hard to be a mom for your 2nd and 3rd children as you do your first. Somehow magically they can learn things without being taught. I remember spending hours with Ryan trying to get him to count to three. This week Ryan and Brianna were playing hide and seek and when it was Brianna's turn to count she put her hands on her eyes to keep from peeking and said 1--2--3. Where did she learn that? Then during her next turn Ryan told her he wasn't ready yet and to keep counting and I heard a 4--5--6--7--8--10. Of course my mom took credit for her math skills stating it was because of all the times they've played bubblegum bubblegum in a dish.
Brianna has also been doing well with potty training. She got panties for Christmas and has been sans diaper for about a month now. Sorry to Monica for the added pressure, besides it was Julie who told Jon not me, she's so uncool.
Also thank you to Brianna's nursery leader! She has been singing songs all week which I have never sung to her. So far I have heard some very interesting reditions of twinkle twinkle and itsy bitsy spider.

Case: This baby has definately been on my good side lately. For the past 2 weeks he has been going to bed at 9:00 and not even stirring until 6:30. I believe he has been my smiliest baby and he doesn't just half smile he goes all the way. He looks like a little monkey when he smiles which most people think is so cute, unfortunately I really hate monkeys. Luckily I really, really love Case.
Case got a new gift this week. We brought up Brianna's old baby swing for him. Good thing Case is already a tough guy cause if not the other babies would make fun of him for chillin in a baby pink swing with sheer fabric and butterflies. More than once Brianna has shown us how jealous she is that Case has her swing and more than twice I have found her in the swing. Which wouldn't be a big deal except Case has been in there under her.
I was looking through pictures that my mom had taken of Case (being that Case is the third child there aren't a lot of pictures that I have taken of him) and I found one that I love. So I put on my sidebar for your enjoyment. The reason I love it is because it reminds me of one of those photos of professional people like bankers and university presidents. Maybe if he ever does become a professional and has his picture on the wall of a university or bank I'll play a prank on him and switch it with the picture on my sidebar, now that would be funny!

Sorry for such a long post, I'm glad you hung in there until the end. Just thought I would let you know how jealous I am of you. That is why I do all these crazy things just to keep up with you and all the fun things I read about you doing on your blog.

5 comments:

Jon Woodins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE The update! Don't worry I've come to terms that Hunter will never potty train and that I will have to change his diaper on the day he graduates from highschool. HEE HEE JOn thins I should try and train William. HA HA fat chance!

Mom said...

So Shawna, I have a favor to ask of you . . . Could you give Marshall I big hug for me for his birthday? I'm sure he's getting alot of them but one more can't hurt! I love the new post and all the updates, I really really really can't believe you're kids are so big and that you have 3! Seems like just last week you had your first one and we were oooooing and awwwwwwwing over him!
Take care!

Mrs. B said...

Such a cute blog! I can hear your voice in the words. That is good writing. I do not think Case looks like a monkey. He is WAY too cute for that.
Also, I love that you wrote he has been on your good side. Love it.

Julie said...

I would love to write something witty, funny or even motivating but my condition(uncool)prevents me from doing such. Which is so IRONICAL because of who's blog it is posted on.

Heidi said...

I love reading your blog Shawna...you make me laugh. And I love all the great things you do with her hubby and kids. It gives me ideas of some new things to do.