Thursday, October 9, 2008

Coming Clean

Ok, so I feel kinda bad for making fun of a little girl just cause' she is wearing a ridiculously huge turkey head band. I guess the reason I feel so bad is cause' I too have my own Thanksgiving skeletons in the closet. Just a warning to Julie before she looks at this picture- put your depends undergarments on now.

This is me on thanksgiving, way back when, when I decided to make my own turkey costume out of construction paper complete with turkey tail and turkey lips. I love my awesome mullet/helmet hair, even my dog looks embarrassed to be with me.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, wow, what a picture! I love it! And it is so weird, it is like you are channeling my thoughts! I totally agree with you, I miss Tim! At least he knew how to ask questions about real issues to everyone without spreading hate speech and lies! Wow I miss you!

Cindy said...

So I see you are worried about Julie but I am over here busting a gut. That is way way way funny. Thanks for sharring.

Julie said...

I don't even know what to say. Wow! I thought Cindy had some real "picture skeletons" but WOW it looks like you've one upped her. Before I read the post and just saw the picture I thought you were sucking on a pacifier and couldn't remember you having that vice at that age. A closer look at the picture confirmed you were not sucking on a pacifier, silly me, it was turkey lips. You bet I laughed my fanny off. I had to do it silently because everyone is asleep and you know how painful quiet belly laughs are. So my first question is how do you get turkey lips to stay on? And once they are applied can one talk? I'm impressed. My last question is did you get in your turkey outfit to sort socks?

Jon Woodins said...

Shawna, You look positivly radiant. And I am so glad that there are pictures in the family that mimic Erica's current hair style. And I do love the huge pile of socks in this picture. It helps me see that my out of control pile of laundry is just another page in any mommy's life.

Shawna said...

Which one's the dog?

MR

Shawna said...

WOW- my own husband is makig rude comments about me. Well we'll just have to bring up old stories like the time when all the young boys in our last neighborhood thought you were my dad.
love ya!