Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Little Thumper





I have been counting down the days until we could get Ryan a dirtbike since he was born. This summer the time finally came. We jumped the gun a little and bought him his bike before he knew how to ride a bicycle without training wheels and he seemed a little short on his dirtbike, with his feet not quite able to touch the ground. Well, to my surprise he mastered his bicycle in a few short days and a week later was riding his dirtbike with no help at all. He has been riding for a couple weeks now so I decided we should take him up to a little riding hill not far from where we live. He did awesome! He did so good that I talked him into going down a hill that ended up being a little too much for him and he crashed at the bottom. After his crash down the hill he wasn't riding so well and seemed to lose a lot of confidence. Later I found that the real reason he wasn't riding well. He bent his handle bars when he crashed down the hill. Ooops! We still had a lot of fun and I am proud of Ryan for being so tough.

4 comments:

beckywestergard said...

Those are cute pics!! Ryan is so funny, I bet he loves his bike.

Jon Woodins said...

Ryan is so awesome. Boys will do anything to learn how to ride a motorcycle! I am glad that he is doing so well on his bike. and I Love the picture of him giving you thumbs up!

Cindy said...

What a cutie! We miss you guys!

Julie said...

Ryan rocks!!! He looks so cute in the pictures. Wesley wanted to know if Ryan did all those things. Which I believe he was referring to the different pictures of him doing the same thing. Wesley also wanted me to click on the pictures so he could see the bigger Ryan. I'm so glad our boys are such best friends.